Friday, September 20, 2013

Crab

Hello.

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

I was crabby before I got out of bed and looked out the window but maybe somehow I knew that it was raining. Because it is. My day off and raining. I am sure that tomorrow will be gorgeous and I'll spend the entire day working.

Awesome.

Apparently my subconscious was setting me up to be a crab today because I was pissed off in all of my dreams, too.

I guess I'm just tired. It's been a really long week.

* * *

I was at a conference yesterday. Here is what I hate about conferences: bullshit meeting food. Either the food is way too heavy and it puts you to sleep or they go cheap and get sandwiches.

They went cheap and got sandwiches. And chips and rough looking fruit. You know the shitty fruit sitting at the register at the coffee place? It was that crap.

On the topic of sandwiches: I really don't care for lunchmeat. I am not a huge meat eater as it is and lunchmeat just doesn't do it for me. I would rather not have any. So, when I finally got my food and my choices were between a ham and cheese sandwich or the vegetarian wrap that they told us not to take unless it was labeled with our names, I found secret stash of vegetarian wraps that were extras and snagged one.

Let's talk about the vegetarian wrap. Iceberg lettuce, shredded cheese and a hunk of cucumber on a tortilla. It was edible, yes, but what about that fueled me up for the second half of the day?

I am thankful that I had a little bit of motivation and foresight when I packed up for the conference and brought along some almonds and dried fruit and my favorite health food: gummy bears.

The gummy bears totally did what they needed to do: kept my stomach from growling so loud that everyone at my table was distracted and made me happy.

* * *

Maybe I should have some gummy bears to get me out of my mood!

* * *

I don't need the gummy bears. It's impossible to be crabby around an infant and I have plans this morning with Lucy and the boys. And we're going to get lunch, too. Pho at our new favorite little find of a restaurant. With Vietnamese iced coffee because AM told me that we must.

* * *

If you're working today: don't work too hard.

If you're working tomorrow: I feel your pain.

Anyone have good plans for the weekend? Mine is looking to be remarkably uneventful. I'm not upset about it. 

3 comments:

Accidentally Me said...

Need a report on the coffee!!!

A said...

It's been 22 hours. I think I'm still buzzing. Delicious and magical!

Sabrina said...

I'll never forget a conference for work in which we'd been given an afternoon snack of popcorn, fudge, and candy, and then had to sit through a 90 min presentation about how healthy eating boosts your work performance. Clearly the event organizers and caterers weren't communicating!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio