Friday, September 06, 2013

Clean up, Clean out

Oh, whatever happened to my routine? This new job has complicated my schedule terribly. My very reliable gym/running routine has taken the brunt of the transition.

Should make the half-marathon that I'm running in 6 weeks especially interesting. Prepare yourself for a week of posts about how sore I am, how much I regret not running more prior to the race, the amount of coconut water I've consumed to combat my post-race leg cramps and the like.

I didn't have it in me to go for a run last night and basically that was because I was so hungry that a trip to the gym after work was absolutely out of the question and, once I got home, I couldn't stand the idea of being away from the kitchen for longer than 10 minutes.

It was one of those nights.

Somewhat ironically considering the amount of food I consumed over the course of the evening (sushi, eggplant, apples, cottage cheese and dark chocolate being among my odd selections), it was also the night that I decided it was time to get rid of all of the pants I had been hoarding since I randomly lost a bunch of weight a year and a half ago.

I didn't get rid of all of my pants initially because I assumed that my weight would bounce back to what had been my very consistent normal. But it looks like this scrawnier version of me is my new normal and I'm really sick of looking at that useless stack of dress pants in the back of my closet.

And so I packed them up to be donated. Along with a bunch of random shoes and shirts and all of the other clutter: t-shirts from the place where I play soccer and workout clothes and sweatshirts from random colleges and blouses I never really liked. Plus a ton of clothes that have been chilling in my bedroom at Mom and Dad's for, like, the last 10 years.

The volume of belongings I accumulate is legitimately disgusting.

But the purging feels so good.   

1 comments:

Kari said...

Now that you have decluttered -- go and get preapproved for a mortgage. You are all ready to move now:)
It was a good tactic to mention that you were thinking of buying a house because now we will bug you about that process rather than the match process :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio