Wednesday, August 07, 2013

JT is my boyfriend

Tuesday nights are normally for going to the gym.

If it's an especially exciting Tuesday, I'll visit Lucy, Chet and the boys after work and maybe we'll watch TV. (We're working our way through the third season of The Killing.)

Yesterday was not a normal Tuesday.


I didn't go to the gym but I got my workout dancing to Justin Timberlake and Jay Z for three hours.


Liz, Meg and I had been looking forward to this concert for a long time. We bought our tickets way back in January.


I worked until 5:30 pm and left straight from work to pick up Liz and Meg, who were pregaming at a bar halfway to the D.

From there, we went to dinner. I had made us reservations at Small Plates, a restaurant fairly close to Ford Field that is exactly what it sounds like. Plus also delicious.


We ate like maniacs and had a few drinks, too.


We ordered their signature fries because fries are Liz's one true passion. We ordered cornbread because Meg feels about cornbread as Liz feels about fries.


We ordered the mac and cheese at my suggestion. You can never go wrong with mac and cheese.

We had the shrimp and garlic pizza. And a mushroom and tomato bruschetta that I would probably have loved more had it not come at the end of the meal. (We definitely ordered one dish too many.)

And then there was the chicken and waffles. We loved the chicken and waffles. Meg especially.


From there, we headed over to Ford Field for the concert.

I don't have pictures from our walk to the venue, but what I do have is a picture of us in our hip hop pose.


As you can tell, I am incredibly uncool.

But they even let uncool people attend the Legends of the Summer tour! 

Thank goodness because it was incredible. I've been to a lot of great concerts and last night's may very well be the best. Our seats were great. The atmosphere was chill. Justin and Jay Z have so much chemistry. I danced for three hours and I could have danced for three more.


So good. Tickets were stupid expensive and it was worth every penny.

David Beckham really needs to watch himself. Now that Becks is retired from soccer and JT is killing it at Ford Field with all of his swoony singing and his sexual dancing and general aura of sizzling perfection, Mr. Beckham is at serious risk of being replaced.

At least until he does another skimpy underwear campaign. 

3 comments:

my life is brilliant said...

I love your blog. Love your style. You always make me laugh. :)

A said...

So sweet! You really are the best.

Danielle said...

My friends went to that show when it was in LA and they said it was amaze.

That macaroni and cheese looks pretty damn amaze as well! Love M&C.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio