Friday, August 23, 2013

Confusing people

I try to not overthink The Facebook. It doesn't matter and in 10 years we'll all be embarrassed about how much time we invested in it and how much we cared about it.  

But it has occasionally occurred to me that my Facebook account could potentially confuse you if you don't know me very well, or if we haven't kept up over the years. Mostly because 80% of my Facebook is pictures of something I'm doing with Lucy or Lucy's babies.

I honestly don't care, but are non-friend Facebook friends looking at my Facebook wall and asking "why do these bitches spend so much time together?"

Or "who do these babies belong to?"

Lucy and I joke about it all the time. Not only about our Facebook presence, but about the confused looks people exchange as they attempt to determine which baby belongs to which lady and who is married to the guy with the olive complexion.

It's been a running joke of ours, but I received confirmation of the confusion via Facebook message. Apparently a former coworker couldn't contain his curiosity.


Lucy and I got a good laugh out of it, anyway.

2 comments:

Readyandfading said...

Your relationship with those sweet babies is so adorable! They are lucky to have an Auntie like you! As for the comment, hilarious and nosy. I love that you predicted that people would be curious and someone confirmed it!!!

Sabrina said...

It's funny to think how your FB profile really is your online brand these days - and that you really can create a completely false persona from real pictures and events if you wanted to!

A friend of mine got divorced recently and up until she told a bunch of us, you'd never have guessed it from her social media presence... tons of check-ins, couple pics, posts, etc.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio