Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Birthdays and sisters

Yesterday was Meg's birthday.

I meant to write about it yesterday, when she turned 27, but it never happened.

Yesterday, on her birthday (which is also the exact middle day of the year), I was going to write all about how much I love and adore and admire Meg, my big little sister. How she is so smart and so fun and how I couldn't imagine my life without her in it.

Mostly I wanted to write about Meg and about her birthday and about how I can't believe she's 27 and owns a house and a dog and is, like, a legitimate grown up so that I could include this photo, which I am including in this post instead.

I love this picture.

Because it is so us.

Meg in costume, front and center. And there I am standing behind her, smiling like I know this is how it is always going to be.

Truthfully, I wouldn't have it any other way.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Did she have an outrageous party?

A said...

Actually, no. She'll have the usual friends-and-family lake bash at my mom and dad's house tomorrow, but she didn't throw herself any other obnoxious extravaganza. ...yet, anyway. Knowing my sister, it could still be in the works.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio