Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Awesome things


Meg, Liz and I saw Beyoncé in concert this weekend.

Here is something you might not know about me: I am always the driver. I have a really good sense of direction and there aren't many places I don't already know how to get to so, it's usually just easier. (Because I'm shitty at remembering to give verbal directions to the driver. Ask The Coach or Lucy.) Probably it's a control thing, too.

Anyway. I drove and got us to the Palace through the not-really-a-secret-I-don't-know-why-other-people-don't-take-it route and into a prime parking spot in record time because I am awesome.

Beyoncé is awesome. Our seats were awesome. The people watching was awesome. A few hours of being completely distracted from what was going on with The Coach was awesome.

Liz and Meg are awesome. I consider myself terribly lucky to be related to those two. Our next adventure is in just a few weeks: Justin Timberlake and Jay Z. Pretty sure that's going to be awesome, too.

Yesterday was Baby L's brit.

You know what's awesome? Being the boss. If Baby L was born a month ago, I would have had to rearrange my work schedule and talk to my boss and worry about what I would be missing and feel guilty and now it's just like "I'll be back in a few hours, you guys" and that is that.  

Lucy and Chet asked my mom and my grandma to come to the brit, too. I think it's pretty awesome that they feel relatively close to my family.

Besides the brit, which was beautiful, the most awesome part of the event was Baby A's reaction when he saw me walk through the doors at temple. The biggest delighted belly laugh you ever did hear. Oh, how I love that sweet boy.

The woman who runs the daycare center that Lucy and Chet bring Baby A to asked me if I was Lucy's sister. Is it possible that, after 15 years of friendship, we have spent so much time together that we are starting to look alike? If that's the case, I can't wait until we're in our 80s and we're just big matching lumps of wrinkled flesh and huge teeth.

Actually, I can wait. No need to rush the next 50 years, right?  

I should probably thank you for indulging my overuse of awesome. The last couple of weeks have been really challenging -- there are a few things I still need to write about -- and the end of this week is going to be rough. I just needed a minute to be appreciative. I get caught up in everything that doesn't go right. But there is a lot that does. My life is pretty awesome. So are the people in it. 

4 comments:

Lauren said...

A brit...I had to look that one up, since I'd only ever heard it called a bris; only to read that this is the common pronunciation for Ashkenazi Jews. How interesting!

Congrats to all around!

A said...

Brit, brith, bris -- confusing, right?

Mummy Dearest said...

Can I be on your concert crusade? Sounds like a blast! Enjoy!

A said...

Indeed! Everyone is invited!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio