Friday, June 21, 2013

This, That

I'm in snippet mode today. Apologies!

On my dad: either he reads my blog or I can vaguely predict the future. Yesterday, he pulled an insanely dumb move to really reminded me, again, that he is clearly an imperfect person. I might write more about it at another time so for now I'll just say this: he had it coming.  

On buying the perfect present: it isn't quite his birthday but he was in my bed and I had wrapped it up a week ago and I didn't want to wait any longer. The Coach's birthday present. When I saw the shirt, it was so him that I couldn't resist buying it. Apparently I was right. He put it on and wore it home. I found that quite endearing. Like a kid who opens and proceeds to start playing with his Lego set despite being in the middle of his birthday party.    

On my grandma: she texted (!) me yesterday to see if I wanted to go to yoga. I've been feeling kind of crappy and I didn't want to drive all the way to her house, so I sent her a return text to tell her that I was feeling under the weather. She called Mom last night and said "I just wanted you to know that I'm worried about Alyson. She's sick." Cute.

On picking out an outfit to wear for the day you meet all of your staff for the very first time: not an easy task, especially when you're nervous about looking too young/too dressed up/too casual/like you tried to hard/like you didn't try hard enough/etc., etc., etc.. I should probably start on picking out outfits for my first week of work. Set up a spreadsheet. Or let you guys choose!   

On my new job: I'm afraid I won't be able to write much about my new job. Not that I'm working in a secret compound or anything. Just that, well, I am long overdue for defining rational boundaries about what I do and do not blog about (I will be the first to admit that my book is a little too open) and my career seems like a good place to begin.

On what I'm currently reading: This Is How You Lose Her by Junot Díaz. Enjoyable. And if you're in the market for a good read, I am pretty good about keeping up with my Pinterest board of the books I have read this year.

On the weekend: mine is only one day and I have no plans and I'm still excited for it.

On deleting all of the job posts that land in your inbox because you won't be looking for a while: best feeling.

2 comments:

cori @olivetorun said...

Love that you are a Midwesterner- I was born and raised in Wisconsin before moving to NC. Glad I found your blog!

A said...

Wheee! Welcome.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio