Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My head is spinning.

Today is Lucy's birthday!

She's 31.


How can this be? How can my best friend be 31 years old? How can I nearly be 31 years old?
Didn't we just take this picture on our senior-year field trip to the zoo?
Speaking of things that cannot possibly be real as I am merely 17 years old:

I was offered a new job today.
Like, one with a lot of responsibility.
I would be running the show. I would be the boss. I would call the shots.
The prospect of this is equal parts scary and awesome. 
There is no logical reason for me to turn down this job and I don't imagine that I will. I do feel a little bit like I'm going to throw up. (I'm pretty sure I felt that way before this offer came in, however. I'm not feeling great this week, which is cool being that I'm on vacation and all.) It's overwhelming and exciting and I think it's going to be really good.
 Change is scary. Growth can hurt.

But I can do this.

9 comments:

my life is brilliant said...

CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting. :)

Kari said...

So exciting! Congrats! You will do wonderfully -- this truly is the summer of Aly!!AM, fill out that Match profile!

togethertheycome said...

Yes!!! Congrats! You can do this & you deserve it. So excited for you!

Readyandfading said...

CONGRATS! So proud of you!

I am SUPER excited to get a new job and all that!

This is really going to be YOUR YEAR!

AWESOME!

Belle Vierge said...

Félicitations!!!! That is such a big deal. I mean, it's not every day that your best friend turns 31. ;)

p2 said...

You can do it Duffy Moon!

k said...

Cpngrats! This is awesome. You deserve it!

MK said...

Yay! Congratulations!! :)

A said...

Thanks, you guys! So scary and exciting. I am having all of the feelings about this but maybe the strongest feeling is that this is going to be really good for me. Fingers crossed!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio