Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Lost: it

For the second time in a month, I lost my pearls.

For the second time in a month, I tore apart my bedroom in search of my pearls. The necklace I like very much, but it was not my concern. The bracelet, made from a strand of Aunt Marie's pearls, was very much my concern.

Losing that bracelet would break my heart into a thousand pieces. Losing that bracelet would not be okay.

And I lost it. For the second time in a month.

For the second time in a month, I dumped out my jewelry box. I dug through a few drawers. I went into the basement and found the suitcase I brought to the Kentucky Derby and opened all of the pockets even though I knew I had worn it since returning from Louisville.

And then I did it all over again. Just in case I missed the bracelet and the necklace the first time through.

Fir the second time in a month, I promised myself that they would turn up, while trying to figure out how I could ever forgive myself it they didn't. If I lost that bracelet forever.

I want to wear that bracelet when I get married.

I can't lose that bracelet.

And, for the second time in a month, I lost it.

With a 10:00 am date with Lucy and Baby A, I had to leave home before I could find my necklace and bracelet. Had it not been for our Wednesday morning coffee date, I would have kept looking. I would have torn the place apart.

I found my bracelet and my necklace when I got home.

For the second time in a month, I lost my bracelet and I lost my necklace.

For the second time in a month, I found my bracelet and I found my necklace.

In the stupid f'ing box Liz bought me in China that sits on my dresser with my jewelry box and WITH ALL THE REST OF MY JEWELRY. 


Found: my bracelet and my necklace.

Lost: my mind.

1 comments:

Kari said...

I think we are related...

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio