Saturday, June 29, 2013

Busy to busier

I seriously detest going more than a day without blogging. Especially when the reason I'm not blogging is because I'm busy (read: have something to write about for once) rather than because I am suffering from laziness or a nasty case of writer's block.

What have you guys been up to?

I'm just trying to keep my head above water.

It turns out that quitting my job is a fairly time-consuming transition. I am feeling rather rushed to complete anything and everything. This may or may not have something to do with spending the week I put in my notice in an unproductive daze.

Perhaps.

Anyway. I had yesterday off (I'm at work today) and I could have spent the day getting something done, but instead I packed the day full of things that I liked and things that I didn't.

Liked: yoga with grandma in the morning, the simultaneous but not couples massage appointment that Lucy and I had in the afternoon, dinner with Lucy and Chet and Baby A, post-dinner trip to the bakery where Lucy was obviously influenced by the baby and I have nobody to blame but we ate donuts on the way home and didn't tell Chet and then had more dessert when we got to their house.

Disliked: doctor's appointment where the doctor was running late and that also included a referral to another doctor.

Neutral: meeting about my new job.

Days shouldn't be that busy.

But if they must, some of the busy must be due to a massage.

I'm glad we made time for the rubdowns because Lucy won't be qualifying for a prenatal massage much longer and I can't find a free hour for weeks.

Just looking ahead to July exhausts me. It's going to be a great month: a new job, Lucy's new baby, lots of soccer, Meg's birthday.

And The Coach will leave for what will supposedly be his last season of coaching 2,000+ miles away.  

I'm focusing on the good.

A sweet new baby boy. Decorating my new office.

And another massage come August.

2 comments:

Kari said...

I am hoping that coach's next next season of coaching will be closer than 2,0000 miles not further away?

A said...

Word, Kari. Word.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio