Sunday, June 02, 2013

Balancing Out

Apparently, in order to balance out the high high high of my Friday afternoon with The Coach, my mood regulator needed to push me right into Mighty Bitchdom for Saturday evening and all of today.

I'm unpleasant.

I first realized that I was being irrationally crabby when I was feeling bitchy about last night's dinner plans with Lucy. We were exchanging text messages when I was still at work and I got annoyed. That's always a sign that I'm really in a mood: when I start feeling surly towards Lucy. I never get irritated with her. Because, honestly, she so rarely gives me a reason to be irritated. And she definitely wasn't yesterday.

Didn't stop me, though!

I attempted retail therapy after our dinner and that didn't help my mood. I tried getting to bed early but, despite a good nine hours of sleep, I still woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

I was annoyed at my first soccer game of the day. I was a ripe bitch at my second soccer game of the day. I had dinner with my family and didn't want to punch any of them, shockingly, but Aunt Lynn stopped by and it took all of my willpower not to poke my eyes out with a kitchen knife.

On my way home from dinner, I stopped at Trader Joe's to pick up coffee and a few other things my cousin/roommate Liz needed and I was so out of sorts that I couldn't even bring myself to purchase any other food. Nothing.

I'm unpleasant.

And I didn't even realize it until late this afternoon. As we tend to do, AM and I were exchanging emails (about boys -- standard) and I was in the middle of a sentence when I finally put all of the pieces together and, oopsie: I've been a hot bitch for the last 20 hours without even noticing it.

Now that I've sacrificed an entire day of my weekend to my foul mood, I indulged in more than enough dark chocolate and painted my nails Russian Navy and I am blogging it out and I'll be nice again tomorrow.

Just, like, regular nice. Not over-the-moon happy. Because I really don't feel like compensating for that joy with another thunderous black cloud mood.

Not this week.

1 comments:

Readyandfading said...

I am a walking mood. Up, down, and then all over the board. I know how this feels. It is so good that you can call yourself out and take ownership and snap back to reality quickly. Sometimes....well, I get stuck in a bad mood for too long....like a week or more!

Happy Monday!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio