Saturday, May 11, 2013

Snapshots

For no real reason.

Breathe!

I've been trying to give myself a break lately and, for the most part, it is working. I feel a lot better a lot more of the time. The last few days have been stressful. I am anxious and frustrated. And trying to remember to breathe. And trying to remember that everything is going to work out just as it should. And trying to remember that everything happens for a reason even if I don't know the reason. 

It's mostly working. A few months ago, I would be physically sick from all of this worrying. Now I'm just a little disappointed. It's manageable. 
 

Look at my creation!

The first task I tackled on my Friday off of work was three pie crusts. You guys, I do not have a great history with pie crusts and therefore I will never be anything less than remarkably pleased when I pull off a pie crust without tears and anger.  

Can't help myself.

I couldn't even keep myself from buying Lucy a little Mother's Day present. Especially after I found her the perfect card. At the Derby last weekend, we talked about how easily we could put away a little bit of gambling money on a regular basis, so I made her a silly little Derby Fund envelope out of a coupon organizer from the Target dollar bin and some fun glittery stickers. And then I found the horse dress in her (non-pregnant) size and that was just impossible to turn down so I didn't.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio