Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I'm boring myself

If I've learned anything from the past eight years of blogging, it is that I either have everything to blog about or nothing to blog about and, you guys, we are currently thick in the sludge of nothing to blog about.

I can't be the only one who is bored.

Is it arrogant to proclaim that it will get better? Even if I'm quite sure that it will?

Blogging just gets like this sometimes. Painfully boring but then I try to muddle through it (and not lose all of my readers in the process) and then life will pick up again and I won't have to tell you about my methods for matching up socks after I've washed them because I'm too busy writing about the boy who I have my eye on and the drunken debacle that was my weekend.

Let's hope that's how this turns out. It's is the way it has gone every other time my life has fallen into a horrible monotonous rut over the last eight years. I hope I haven't drained the fun well. (I am 30, after all. Maybe this is just how reality looks this side of 30.) Because life right now? It's not bad. It's mostly good. Just quiet.

Things will pick up eventually. I have faith that my life, and therefore your blog reading, will get more interesting.*

And if nothing else, Lucy is popping out a kid in another month or so. I'll definitely have that new little dude as my muse for emotional, flowery poetry about the smell of a infant and my own barren uterus.

If that isn't something to look forward to, I don't know what is.

So Midwestern, summer 2013: prominently featuring sonnets about my womb.

Hurry back!



*The Coach is home, so there's that.

4 comments:

Belle Vierge said...

If I were blogging about my daily life, my blog would be so dull. I work. I eat. I sleep. I see my boyfriend. Repeat.

Sabrina said...

I'm new to your blog, A, but looking forward to reading more. Personally, I like reading about others' lives even if they do sound monotonous to the writer! It makes me feel connected to the world to know I'm not the only one excited about my new dish drying rack :)

(Plus, I'm a Midwesterner displaced in California)

A said...

BV -- that's basically all I do. Well, once you replace "see my boyfriend" with "run."

Sabrina -- welcome, darling! Please, tell me more about your new dish rack!

Danielle said...

This "boring phase" must be going around like some kind of virus, as myself and a couple other bloggers seem to be going through the same things.

New to this blog, but I'm hoping that if you can get through it, so can I.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio