Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Blue Sky, Better Outlook

While I truly believe that my head is in a better place than it has been in years and years, I don’t think that precludes me from having the occasional bad day.

Yesterday was a bad day.

I just felt off. The entire day, I felt off. Everything bored me and frustrated me and I was restless and annoyed. I spent half of my day wanting to cry and the other half of the day wanting to scream.

It was not my finest day.

It was also the first day in at least two weeks when I had no evening commitments. I wasn’t working. I wasn’t taking Grandma to yoga. I didn’t have soccer.

I had plans to go to the gym, which I felt guilty for scrubbing. I never do that but I needed to do it last night. I needed to watch too many episodes of Gossip Girl and wallow in my temporary misery and eat a lot of peanut butter and fall asleep by 10:00 pm.

Apparently I was a little exhausted. I slept until 8:00 am and could have continued snoozing had my alarm clock not rudely reminded me that it was time to tackle a new day.

I did what I could to make Wednesday better than Tuesday. By that I mean: I stopped for a coffee at Tim Horton’s and I painted my toenails bright red.

And, when I was running errands downtown, I stopped long enough to admire the vibrant blue sky.

A little pretty goes a long way.

Today is not great, but today is better.

I'll take it.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio