Thursday, April 11, 2013

Who am I?

It was two years ago, almost exactly, that I got really interested in being positive and positive thinking and all of that happy jazz that, for whatever reason, is not my nature.

I remember when it was very clearly because, right after I started on my positive thinking kick, The Coach came into my life. Seriously.

The first quarter of 2013 has not been my finest. With the rare exception of a good day or a decent week, I spent the first three months of the year feeling pretty miserable. I won't claim to be the most cheerful, most optimistic girl you've ever had the pleasure of reading on the interwebs, but I'm far from miserable. Usually.

Waiting out this funk wasn't a cure. So I'm forcing it out.

I've spent the last week thinking about what I'm thinking about and adjusting when necessary (frequently) and, um, it might really be working.

I know. It freaks me out a little bit, too. But I am so glad to be off of the Sad Train to Miserableville that I don't even care that Normal Alyson would be horrified by what Positive Alyson tells herself. Because the Sad Train to Miserableville really sucked. And while all of the sugary sweetness bouncing around in my head is a little much, so was being a downcast, pathetic, tormented asshole.

Here is an illustration of what is inside of my head:

So I am just going to apologize in advance for being grossly cheerful any otherwise obnoxious.

I think I'll find the happy middle sometime soon.

But in the meantime, feed into my magical butterfly universe. Do me a favor and pass along all of your best positive thinking tips, tricks, secrets, chants and good luck charms. I will repay you in fairy dust and angel tears.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio