Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My New Skill

I did something awesome yesterday.

I was cooking a big meal to cover my lunches for the week when my dad started texting me about my Sirius radio subscription. Has it run out? Would I like him to renew it for me?

Um, yes and yes. I’m all about satellite radio if someone else is footing the bill.

A few minutes later, I’m chopping vegetables and throwing chicken sausage in the saucepan and he tells me to run out to the car and turn the radio to a certain channel. I dash into the garage, do what he says, and return to the kitchen. I do it once again a bit later, just to make sure it’s been activated. I’m still cooking, so I run back inside.

I made a colossal mess in the kitchen. Once I had everything cleaned up and put away, it was an hour later and I wanted to chill on the couch for a few minutes before getting ready for work.

I picked up the remote and was a second from belly flopping onto the couch when I realized that I hadn’t brought my keys in from the car. Or turned off the radio.

I scuttled out to the garage and, sure enough: my battery was dead.

WHY DO I DO THINGS LIKE THIS?

Obviously, I don't know how to jump a car and also the one neighbor I know isn't home, so I call my dad and I'm like "ummm...thanks for the six months of satellite radio I screwed up real bad."

And then I called my cousin Danielle, who only lives a few miles away from home. But wasn't at home. And then I called Aunt Annette, who was at work, to see if she had any good ideas. Aunt Annette was on it and called all of her friends who don't work, in the meantime, my dad was going to leave work to rescue his little princess.

Aunt Annette found a friend to come over, so my dad was called off of the task and instead just had to walk me through jumping a car.

Which I did. Successfully.

It was actually really easy, go figure, and Aunt Annette's friend obviously thinks that I am a brilliant, skilled and well-rounded woman after witnessing the ease with which I jumped my car.

Conveniently, I discovered and solved this problem well before I had to leave for work, so I wasn't even late.

Sporting my new Positive Polly attitude, I didn't even beat myself up about it for hours and hours after the fact.

So it all turned out okay in the end.

Also I now know how to jump a car so I'm basically unstoppable now.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio