Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Oh, this week!

Last week was a quiet week and it made me a little restless, all of the sleep that I got and the time I had to do all of the things that I wanted to do.

This week is the exact opposite of last week. This week is more like a normal week for me, busy with things I need to do and extra-busy with things that I want to do.

Basically, I'm doing this to myself.

Basically, it has all been pretty damn good so I'm okay with it anyhow.

A week that follows a weekend full of work always seems long and painful, anyway. I was at work on Saturday and Sunday, so I haven't had a day off since last Friday and so I would be exhausted even if I had taken it easy. So why bother, right?

Monday was a whirlwind because of the job interview. I was counting on having enough time after my interview to stop for lunch or coffee or -- if I was really lucky, a few minutes at home -- but starting 45 minutes late means that I went from the interview straight to a full day of work. When I got home at 9:30 pm, I was in desperate need of comfort food and a good night of sleep.

Here's what I had for dinner: ramen noodles, guacamole and chips, cottage cheese.

Now you can't say I ever claimed to be 100% healthy. 

I collapsed into bed soon after. It was late, late, late when The Coach called me and woke me up but I didn't mind.

I did mind while I dragged through Tuesday morning.

I spent my lunch hour at the grocery store because I am exciting like that and also because I was planning something.

What I was planning was dessert to bring over to Lucy and Chet's house. It's Passover, which makes dessert planning more challenging but not impossible. The minute I got home, I started on a batch of flourless chocolate-walnut cookies that actually turned out to be really, really good.

Lucy made sushi for dinner and we noshed on cookies while we watched a few episodes of House of Cards.

I left just after 10:00 pm because I had a date with the television at my house. There was a soccer game that I absolutely had to watch so I held my eyes open and texted back and forth with my sister and managed to stay awake all the way until 12:30 am like a big girl.

And this morning, I made a quick dash to the gym followed by an hour with Lucy and Baby A. We went to this slightly creepy, slightly ingenious indoor play structure/coffee shop hybrid. The little dude lasted for about an hour, after which I rushed home, threw on something suitable for work, at a little lunch and ran out the door.

Now here I am. Working. Well, "working," as I may or may not be paid to blog. (I suspect that I am not.)

But I did just teach someone how to use Google, so I'm pretty sure I earned a break.

Anyone else having a crazy week or is it just me?

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio