Monday, March 11, 2013

Looking forward

It seems that I have finally hit the tipping point where there’s enough winter behind me that I can start looking ahead with a little bit of anticipation instead of a great deal of dread.

Finally. Things to get excited about. The Kentucky Derby. The Coach coming home for a few months. A spring soccer season that will be gloriously hectic. (I really need some soccer in my life right now. I’m craving it like you wouldn’t believe.) Outdoor runs. Sundresses.

These last few months have felt like I have just been waiting out the days, just wishing them past.

I expect that I will always want to live somewhere with four seasons: four chances to start fresh. I need something to change and the season is a good place to start.

And that change can continue on to, I don’t know, maybe just, like, everything? I don’t know where the hell I am right now and I don’t know how to find my way out of it. All I can do is live – robotically, sometimes pathetically robotically – and keep my eyes trained forward.

Thank goodness for the Kentucky Derby.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio