Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Enough about me

If you’ve noticed how boring and uninspired this blog has been lately (I know you’ve noticed and you’re just too kind to point it out), this might not come as any surprise.
But, lately, I’ve really grown to hate talking about myself.

I don’t want to do it. I cringe when I get to the point in a conversation with a coworker when she asks me how my weekend is going. The last few times I’ve talked to Ashley, I’ve let her go on and on and on and on and, as soon as she’s asked what’s going on in my life, I end the call shortly thereafter. There’s just nothing worth talking about. And I don’t even want to try.

Even with Lucy. She knows a little of what’s happening at work. She knows all of the crazy shit going on with my extended family. She knows that I had a hockey game on Sunday and that I lived on Girl Scout Cookies a few weeks ago. She has a general idea of what’s happening in my life. But all that is really just because little spurts come out while we’re crawling around on the floor with Baby A or between episodes of whatever show we’re gorging on. Not because we’ve had a regular conversation that involves me telling her, in detail, about something that happened and how it made me feel.

I am unable to hold a regular conversation when I am the topic.

I can get out a couple of sentences. Rushed and apologetic. I don’t do it intentionally and, to an extent, I have always had a hard time talking about myself and my life. But it seems much worse. It makes me physically uncomfortable.

Is it weird that this is a problem of a woman whose biggest hobby for the past 8 years has been WRITING ABOUT HER LIFE on the internet?

Anyone else have a hard time talking about themselves? Anyone have a magic tip to get me over this strange, suddenly strong, phobia?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you find the magic cure -- please let me know so I can try it out!

Kari

Readyandfading said...

I go through this, too. All of the time. It is a phase and it will pass. Sometimes, I just don't feel like sharing my stuff, no matter how big or small it is. When it comes to the blog, whenever I get an idea for a post, I scribble it down. I would love to know more about your recipes, especially your baking. Everything you prepare seems yummy. Also, from the other day, I think you would be a GREAT healthy blogger because you have balance in your life. So may of the healthy bloggers are so extreme, I can't live like that....but from the photos of you in your USA pants...well, lady, you have the fitness down pat...abs for days and I would love to read about how you got them by still enjoying cupcakes, cookies, and wine....!

Anonymous said...

Great article, totally what I was looking for.


Review my page; orquesta atraccion

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio