1. Straight hair. I feel like if I just straighten my hair with the flat iron, it looks weird unnatural bone straight. So I’ll usually add some curl to the bottom. But that adds a lot of time. I need to find a happy medium. Or learn how to curl the ends with my flat iron without burning my hands.
3. The Coach. It's a really critical time in his season right now so I am kind of -- I don't know -- worried, I guess. I know how much energy he pours into his job and all I want is for it to turn out for him, you know? As silly as it is to fret about a game (and that is his job, his highest priority -- a GAME), I do it. I do it regularly. I want him to do well.
4. Work. It's not going well. I had my annual review with my boss last week. Apparently she thinks that the sun shines out of my ass, which is lovely, but I am terribly frustrated with the decisions that our leadership is making. It is getting really, really hard to do my job well and I think that it's only going to get worse. My morale is pretty low.
5. Going back to school. It crosses my mind a lot. If there were an area of study that was logical to pursue, I would take the desire more seriously. I met a woman a few weeks ago who has a Master of Science in Health Education and the thought of it intrigued me. My mother groaned about what a useless degree it is when I mentioned it, so I guess that's out.
6. My cousin Danielle. Without getting into the whole story, Danielle is bipolar (I wrote about it a lot in October 2009). She's manic right now. It's an enormous mess. Like her sister had to fly to Europe to bring her home enormous kind of mess. I keep thinking that she's on the cusp of getting better but she isn't interested in help, her parents aren't pushing it and her sister is trying to keep everyone happy in the middle. It's scary. It's awful to watch.
7. Jobs. More specifically: how far could I commute on a daily basis before I completely lose it?
8. What I'm going to wear to Liz's birthday party on Saturday night. Especially considering that I'm going straight from work and I mostly feel like a hideous beast in anything and everything.
9. Girl Scout cookies. I have Tagalongs in my car. It's a genuine miracle that I can think about anything else.
10. Crying. Sometimes, all I can focus on is crying. How I want to cry. How I shouldn't cry. I just need to get it over with.