Saturday, February 02, 2013

I can't get anything right

Today, I left the house while Liz was shoveling and I pulled my car out of the driveway and I closed the garage and I drove off.

When I closed the garage, I locked Liz out of the house.

It feels like that's all I do lately. Make flaky, stupid mistakes because my head is everywhere but where it should be. I'm so busy thinking or worrying about The Issue of the Day (work, The Coach, my cousin Danielle, when I'm going to watch the latest episode of Girls, what I need to buy at the grocery store, etc.) that I'm blind to what's happening right in front of me.

I suppose that's just the type of person that I am. I live inside my head.

The problem, recently, is that I can't get back outside of it.

I met my mom to go shopping this afternoon and I basically wandered behind her through the store. I touched things. I looked at things. I couldn't tell you what. I didn't see any of it.

That's sort of how everything feels right now. I am doing it, but I am not seeing it or feeling it or living it.

My life is happening around me and I'm too distracted to pay attention.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio