Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I cannot be trusted to be alone

I woke up on Saturday at 6:00 am.

Basically two hours earlier than is appropriate on a Saturday morning that falls at the end of a shitty week, in the wintertime, when I don’t have to show up at work or do other responsible adult activities, when I stayed up too late the night before.

I woke up and I wasn’t in my own bed and I could hear Ellie’s stomach growling.

Ellie being my Mom and Dad’s dog. They’re vacationing in California; I’m on dogsitting duty.

Listening to the dog’s stomach loud growling, I realized that my parents probably hadn’t fed the dog dinner before catching their flight to California. I hadn’t fed her when I got home the night before. That was rude. She was probably pretty hungry. I felt guilty about that.

I got out of bed. I fed her. I let her out.

I contemplated going straight back to bed. I contemplated opening up the book that I’m reading. I contemplated making a cup of coffee.

But somehow ended up heating up a bowl of tofu curry – leftovers from the night before – instead.

At 6:00 am on a Saturday morning, I ate tofu curry in bed. While watching an episode of Grey’s Anatomy.

Thankfully, Meg stopped by a few hours later and saved me from futher indulging in my odd tendencies. I cannot control my own weirdness if there isn’t anyone else around who may potentially witness it.

This is why I shouldn’t be allowed to live alone.

1 comments:

Readyandfading said...

Leftovers at 6:00 am in bed while watching Grey's is one of the BEST reasons to live alone. I enjoy some amazing things before coffee and after sleep: pizza, fried rice, ice cream, and cookies just to name a few....

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio