Sunday, January 20, 2013

Next stop: Breakupville

How kind of me to remark that last week was quietly uneventful! How wrong I was!

Meg and Drew broke up on Friday night. Or maybe, technically, they didn't actually break up on Friday. They just got on the express train to Breakupville and it is a bumpy ride.

(Drew is pulling that bullshit move where he's the one expressing his desire to end the relationship, but doesn't have the balls to actually pull the trigger. The same thing Fluff did to Liz a few months ago. What's with the dudes who can't man up?)

My poor baby sister is a genuine mess. I hate seeing her like this. Crying, won't get out of bed, won't eat, can't sleep. It is ugly. There's nothing that I can say or do to fix it, so I just sit in bed with her and watch hour after hour of horrible television. My brain is rotting and I'm a little bored and -- this makes me an awful, awful person but -- I'm really glad that it isn't me. I don't think I could do it. I don't think that I could survive being so sad.

I take the easy way out. I am the coward. It is easier to be single than it is to hand your heart over to someone knowing that -- at any time, in any number of ways -- he can break it.

Meg is brave and she is strong.

I am proud of her for trying, though I am having a hard time concentrating on all of the good that came from their relationship.

Mostly because I am busy plotting a thousand ways to make Drew's life miserable.

3 comments:

Accidentally Me said...

I thought they broke up a while ago...?

Breakups are tough, and not the least bit fun. I'd give her a couple if days to pout, and then the "Quit crying and move on" talk:-)

A said...

When he was in town at Thanksgiving, he dropped the bomb that he wasn't ready to move (he was supposed to move back this spring) and I think it just all went downhill from there.

I'm going to have to give her some tough love soon, because she is so very, very, very low right now and she is also quite committed to being The Most Miserable.

Teagan B. Sawyer said...

That stinks and especially because he is being pulling such BS moves. Breakups are the worst!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio