Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy New Year from my sickbed

The tickle in my throat that I woke up with on Friday morning has developed into a full blown, disgusting, snotty mess and this was not how I envisioned starting off the new year.

Nor did I plan on starting the new year watching my Michigan Wolverines lose in the Outback Bowl.

Nor did I expect to spend nearly the entire day at Grandma and Grandpa's, rotten sick and unable to do much more than sit on the couch, blowing my nose and draining my iPhone battery.

I want to write about a few resolutions. I want to review 2012.

I can't. Not now. Not today. I need to sleep off this cold so that I wake up magically refreshed, healthy and excited to tackle a new workweek. And not looking like shit, either.

I want to stay up and write something with substance but, no. Not tonight.

Be patient and get healthy, self.

Maybe this is just a preview of what 2013 will be all about: being patient with myself.

That doesn't sound half bad, does it?

Credit in full should be attributed to the cold medication.

Any other fine suggestions for resolutions? You don't even have to be under the influence of Sudafed to submit an idea!

1 comments:

Accidentally Me said...

I'd bring you some soup if I could, sweetie:-) Get better!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio