Sunday, December 02, 2012

Delicious trouble

During the 2011 holiday season, Liz and I came across the perfect punch recipe. It takes approximately 9 seconds to prepare, it is remarkably tasty and it's pretty, too.

It's getting to be that time of year, so I thought I would in case any of you are looking for recipes for boozy holiday deliciousness.

8 (1/4-inch-thick) frozen orange slices for garnish
2/3 cup frozen cranberries, for garnish
3 cups chilled cranberry juice
3/4 cup chilled Cointreau
2 (750-milliliter) bottles chilled brut sparkling wine or champagne

Basically, all you need to do is freeze the oranges and cranberries, chill the liquids and dump it all together. Drink slowly while watching everyone else get bombed -- it catches up with you right quick.

4 comments:

Mummy Dearest said...

Serving that next weekend! Brilliant!!

Kari said...

Hmmm...wonder if I can make it for the holiday party at work? No one would suspect that I did it...and it would be great if I left in unlabeled. I was thinking of buying a book for the exchange that you mentioned a while ago...assholes a theory. Maybe it's best that these stay ideas!

A said...

HA! Kari -- tough time at work lately? (Oddly, I just saw that book as I was walking to my desk.)

Teagan B. Sawyer said...

Definitely going to try this holiday season! Looks yummy!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio