Sunday, December 23, 2012

December 12 was a long time ago

I am a very bitter Christmas elf.
 
We're doing a full-family Christmas exchange game thingie this year, instead of permitting our aunts and uncles to buy us gifts. (It's a little silly. We're all old.)
 
I'm organizing this, as well as everything else, so it's a bit of a gong show so all I've really done is tell my parents, sister, aunts, uncles and cousins to show up on Christmas morning with a $30 generic type gift to use as a pawn in my yet-to-be-determined game.
 
I was so, so excited when I found this colorful knife set on OpenSky. It was generic enough to be an acceptable gift for a guy or for a girl. The colors are really fun. Everyone needs knives. And it was on sale for a mere $25 which meant I could run up to Ikea and get a couple of cheap cutting boards to go with and I would look like a shopping genius.
 
So, I placed the order on December 12. And I waited and waited and waited. The website indicated that it could be up to a week to ship, so I waited a little bit more. And also their website indicated that all orders placed by December 18 would arrive by Christmas and I was 6 days ahead of the deadline so no worries.
 
Until last Thursday. I tweeted and emailed OpenSky about my order. WTF is going on? I asked, sweetly. Oh, one customer service rep answered, it should ship within 24 hours. You'll get notification when it's been sent. Oh, the other replied, we'll overnight it in 24-48 hours. You will receive an email when it is sent.
 
I waited and waited and yesterday just before 5:00 pm, I called and the girl was like "hasn't been shipped. Won't be until after Christmas."
 
 
And I was like "CANCEL THAT ORDER RAGE RAGE RAGE."
 
Actually I was quite nice to the customer service lady and when I got off the phone with her I sent an email about how disappointed I was because, yes, disappointed for sure. Not only would I not be giving the perfect gift at my family exchange, but now I had to go out and find a perfect replacement gift for the damn exchange and it was 5:00 pm on December 22. Rude.
 
I went shopping -- with Emma -- last night. I bought a replacement. I kind of like it. (I kind of liked the knives more.) The whole thing took approximately 6 weeks off of my life. And I don't even have a set of colorful knives to show for it.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio