Friday, November 30, 2012

Yay + woah

I had a dream this week that Lucy was pregnant again.

Apparently I have a career as a psychic to fall back on.

Because Lucy is pregnant again.

I am thrilled for her and Chet and Baby A. Lucy is an awesome mom and Chet is an awesome dad; this is nothing but good news.

Personally, I can't imagine being pregnant again already but that's why I'm the aunt and not the mom. I would be overwhelmed with having babies 18 months apart, but not spoiling two babies 18 months apart? Please. That will come easy. What do I know about having one baby, let alone multiple babies, anyway? Less than nothing. I'll focus on being excited.

I would be lying if I didn't say that it still feels weird. I am so far behind. Not even close.

I know that probably sounds selfish but at least it's honest. Big life events bring it on. If Ashley got engaged tomorrow or if Liz got a huge promotion or if Meg bought a house, I would feel the same way. Mostly happy. Slightly selfish.

This being my second time at auntiehood, I know that this feeling wears off quickly.

And then I'll be left with nothing but joy. Overwhelming joy.

What a lucky baby. What a lucky family.

1 comments:

Teagan B. Sawyer said...

I feel like this a lot...so far behind and not even close. I'm seriously inspired by the grace you approach with these situations :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio