Monday, November 19, 2012

So, that's over

Turned down the job this morning.

Can’t believe that I did it, really.

I could have done a lot with the substantial increase in salary. Like go to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. I doubt that will be happening now. Disappointing.

I am going to trust that my gut was right on this one and I am going to move on. It was a good experience. Gives me a little confidence. Makes me realize that I’m ready for a new job but it has to be the right new job. Not just any new job. I didn’t know that I could be picky. Seriously. I haven’t had the opportunity.

So, now I’m picky.

And officially ready for a new job.

And moving on from the interviewing trauma/drama of last week.

Maybe this is the start of something.  

(Something other than the start of regret that I didn't take the job. Because that is just not allowed.)  

(If I start moaning about not taking that job, you guys, please punch me.)

2 comments:

k said...

Given what you said about this - I think you made a good decision! Even if it means not going to Brazil. But who know, maybe you'll find yourself a sugar daddy before then :)

doahleigh said...

I really think you made the right choice, even if you'll never know why. Had you taken it, something would have made it miserable and you would have regretted the decision. So well done trusting your gut. It's great to be in a position where you are ready for a new job, but you're not forced to take ANY job.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio