Thursday, November 29, 2012

Relaxing and me don't mix

"I have things I need to be doing," I told Liz from the comfort of the couch tonight. "I had all of these things I was going to do and I was going to skip going to the gym in order to get them done."

I wanted to apply for a few jobs. I wanted to make a serious dent in the book I am reading.

"Stay there. You never relax," Liz said.

I guess she's right. I don't. Not pointless relaxation. I might take a day off so that I don't get sick. I might take it easy because I want to make it through an upcoming stretch of busy days. I generally don't relax just to relax. I am not sure I know how. Like, you just sit there and don't really do anything and that's sort of a hobby in and of itself?

I am not good at that. I don't know how.

Which is probably for the best. When I do things, I really like to do them well and really often (see: blogging for 8+ years, turning into an obsessive runner, wasting 15 months of my life on The Coach, etc.).

I could get good at relaxing. I know I could.

I'm just not quite sure how it would benefit me. Besides giving me a legitimate reason to add more pairs of yoga pants to my wardrobe, I mean.


1 comments:

k said...

Oh I so hear you! I can't relax either.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio