Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Happy Election Day!

Voting is an awesome privilege.

If you are eligible to vote, I hope that you do. I hope that you do your research (pro tip: your local public library is a great place to go for information on local, state and national elections -- even today!) and I hope that you use that information to vote for the candidates and for the propsals that you believe in.

And I hope that you always do. Every election. They all matter. Not just once every four years.




And I also hope that you have an election return party with your terribly fantastic best friend, too.

There's no really no better reason to drink and gorge yourself on takeout and wear your grubbiest yoga pants than in celebration of the end of election season.  

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Don't care for those stickers much(;p), but I am SO glad that you're going to vote! At the end of the day, it doesn't matter to me who people vote for, what stickers they have on their car, what signs are up in their yard, or whose name is written on their t-shirt, it does matter to me that people vote-- for what they believe in, and what they stand for; voting for a hopeful future, not just for themselves, but for the generations to come. VOTE VOTE VOTE!

A said...

Ha! Nor do I, girlie. But when the opportunity to make a happy face and a (attempt at a) sad face with my grandpa's bumper appeared, I had to take it.

Accidentally Me said...

Your sad face is awfully sexy...

A said...

Duck face: making middle schoolers look sexy on the internet since 2006.

k said...

Ha ha, I was a bit surprised at your choice of vote, err I mean bumper sticker too. I'm getting all nervous to see what happens tonight! We are voting for some big things here in Washington (we could become the first state to approve gay marriage by popular vote!!) and even though I am soon leaving the country, it makes me all dorky excited too.

Kari said...

Was really confused at first until I read the comments because I thought you had bought a new car...now it all makes sense.
Your elections are so different from ours...still so much to learn/understand. Your ballots are crazy! I like our old school paper ballots better!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio