Thursday, November 15, 2012

8 years

Today marks the anniversary of the cold, rainy, miserable November afternoon when I balanced my (enormous) laptop on my knees and decided that – lost, confused, living at home, restlessly burning my first year out of college as an intern – I should become a blogger.

And now I have been blogging for 8 years.

How could I have known? How could I have known that, 8 years later – age: 30! – I would be still blogging?

I didn’t.

And, if I had, I probably would have never started.

8 years? That’s a big commitment.

I never would have guessed that I could do anything 2395 times. Let alone write 2395 blog posts.

Maybe it just goes to show you that, when you’re truly enjoying yourself, you’re not keeping track. You’re not counting. You’re just doing it because it’s what you love and once every year, November 15 comes along and you have to calculate how many years it has been.

I am so lucky to have fallen into blogging. I am so lucky to have the blogging friends that I do. I am so lucky to have the time and the means to chronicle my life for the last 8 years. I am so lucky to have 8 years – 2395 posts – of writing to remember who I was and how I felt and what was important.

Maybe I'll blog for 8 more years. Maybe I'll stop after 8 more posts.

Whatever it is, however this ends: I have been very lucky. I am very grateful.

4 comments:

MK said...

Congrats on 8 years. I love your blog. Thank you for sharing with us!

k said...

Happy blogaversary!

Kari said...

Happy blogaversary! Here's to many more posts!

Belle Vierge said...

I've only been reading for maybe one year, but I love it! Congrats on making it so long.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio