Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Neither/Nor

Lucy was telling me about the wedding of a high school classmate that she attended last weekend.

“So I sat with SoAndSo and her husband. And you know what? It was really fun to see her. We grew up in the same neighborhood, so we spent a lot of time together. She is so cute with her husband. They seem really normal. I got her number, thought we could hang out. We don’t know any normal married couples.”

I laughed. She continued.

“Chet said, ‘if Aly was married, she’d be half of a normal married couple.’”

It’s a damn good thing that Chet and Lucy are making efforts to find normal, married couple friends.

Because if they’re waiting on me?

Oh, it isn’t even worth saying.

1 comments:

Stace said...

Your friends are married, mine have kids, it's cool, we'll get there eventually. :) Maybe I'll move and we can be single together. :) Thoughts, Ideas, Suggestions?

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio