Sunday, June 21, 2009

Unfriendly friend

I have a lot of things that I could write about. I attended Lucy's little brother's wedding last night and it was fun and fabulous. I was in charge of Colleen. And she was obnoxious. It is the only thing that I can think about.

OMG. SO. OBNOXIOUS.

Mean and hurtful and excessively drunk. Totally trashy. I spent the majority of my time at the reception wanting to poke her in the eye. It was really painful.

When she drinks, it all comes out. Everything she's thinking. Unfiltered and mean. Want to know what she really thinks about your personality? Ask when she's four drinks in. Want to hear her obsess about her weight, a boy, her smoking habit or her future? Bring it up when she's drinking. She'll be happy to talk about the subject of your choice for hours upon hours.

Last night, she was on me about what is perceived to be my lack of openness. Unlike Colleen, I don't see much of a need to discuss things to death. [That's what my blog is for!] I mentioned The Groomsman to her, before having told Lucy. And she was just appalled that I hadn't called Lucy and told her every detail. ...not that I told Colleen every detail. Not that there were many details to tell!

I'll write more on that later, perhaps. It wasn't just that. It was her stumbling around. It was the run to Taco Bell. It was her unfiltered words, flowing freely from her loose lips.

I just...ugh. I love the girl, I swear I do, but I didn't tolerate her well last night. I'm sensitive. She's a bitch. And she didn't know many people at the wedding, so she had to target Lucy and Chet and me with all of her snark.

Am not chomping at the bit to hang out with her next weekend, I'll tell you that.

3 comments:

p2 said...

Yeah... sometimes people grow up at different speeds when you don't spend as much time together. People also grow apart.

It's always good to find new and interesting people to add to your life.

allimarie said...

Wow, when I get drunk, I get obnoxiously friendly and love everyone! haha

A said...

Sooooo much better than pouring on the psycho, the mean and the dramatic! ;)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio