Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I understand nothing

I’m sick of this.

I don’t doubt that he’s into me. First of all – I’m damn near perfect, so I don’t see how or why he couldn’t be. Second of all – I was at that wedding and fairly damn sober the large majority of the time. I saw how he looked at me. How he acted towards me. And I’ve replayed the evening in my head, more times than I care to admit. I swear that I wasn’t imagining any of it. Third – he did invite me to those fireworks, right?

It’s just that I’m always the one initiating conversation. I wonder, had I never sent him a text message, had I never friended him on Facebook, if I would have ever heard from him.

So – what the fuck?

Maybe he’s incredibly shy.
Maybe he’s incredibly busy.
Maybe he has crap going on at work.
Maybe he’s waiting for the perfect time – I know that he’s going away for the holiday weekend. I know that he has a big birthday the week after.
Maybe he’s waiting for the bride and the groom to orchestrate another bridal party bonanza.
Maybe he’s intimidated by me.
Maybe I really did give him the cheek in the car after the wedding and ruined this all on my own.
Maybe I just need to be patient.
Maybe I’m just making excuses.

Maybe I did imagine all of this.

7 comments:

kristinblakely said...

sometimes i swear you and i are two peas in a pod.

Accidentally Me said...

It is probably a combination of a bunch of those things...but I definitely don't think you imagined it.

Have you talked with the bride since she got back? And why haven't you been on gChat?!?!? While I am at it, Kristin, where the F have you been?!?!?

p2 said...

I wonder if the women I have dated think like this when I am not around???

Stace said...

So I'm just going to say. I have no clue what's going on, it's late, I'm sleepy and I really need to catch up. But with that being said I totally feel your pain. I am in love with a guy that basically doesn't know I exist, OK THAT'S A LIE but the point of the matter is, what's wrong with me? Does it count if I still love you? :)

A said...

p2 - very likely!

doahleigh said...

It could be a million different things, but I vote that you tackle this head on. Just say to him, Look I think we hit it off at the wedding. Are you into me or not? Should we go out sometime and see?

Seriously. I know it's scary, but just put it out there!

Kari said...

I think you need to take the leap. I think he is into you but is shy etc. Call him...you don't have anything to lose...right??

Kari

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio