Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lightheaded

I feel sick.

As I should. It is 4:30 and I haven’t had lunch yet.

This is a very bad habit that I have adopted. I plan to quit immediately.

I’ve been so busy at work lately. The last six weeks have been absolute hell – there hasn’t been time for lunch. I have been heating up my lunch in the microwave just before I leave for class or the gym, and eating it while I drive.

That has worked out okay for me, because I’ve been too busy to notice that I’m hungry.

Now things are finally slowing down. And I’m not eating lunch. I start feeling shitty around 3:00 and, at that point I’m all “whatev – not long until I leave. I’ll just eat some jelly beans.”

And then the jelly beans (shockingly!) make me feel shitty.

Or the coffee that I drink.

The Reese’s Peanut Butter Egg, Almond Joy and Kit-Kat that I sneak from the office candy dish? Also make me feel craptastic. (Shocking.)

It is time that I get my shit together. Start packing some bitchin’ lunches. And make my way over to the lunchroom sometime between 2:30 pm for some noshing and some USA Today (purple section, and only because the Detroit News and the Detroit Free Press only deliver three times per week).

Tomorrow is my last day of the insanity that is leave work/go straight to class until 10 pm.

After that, I am getting my shit together. And some food in my stomach at a decent hour.

Someone hold me to that.

1 comments:

Stace said...

I'm on it. . . probably not but at least it sounded like I was really going to put forth the effort. :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio