Sunday, March 15, 2009

Friends v. "Friends"

I'm oftentimes surprised by the people who choose to friend me on the Facebook. Generally they're high school classmates - people who I knew but wasn't friends with. Nobody I had any issues with. Just outside of my crowd.

My profile is private. I'm sure they're just curious. I accept their friend requests.

Last night at the bar, I was a few tables away from a Facebook "friend."

I made no attempt to approach her. She made no attempt to approach me.

True story.

Strange world we live in, eh?

3 comments:

me said...

has happened to me 2! Its strange..they re yr friends on fb, they mite evn wish u on yr bday, but come face to face with them in a mall and theres like no recognition!!
am a regular reader of yr blog btw..relate to u in a lotta ways, girl!!
love the way u write!

my life is brilliant said...

I've had that happen to me too. It's crazy the people who will find you & friend you on facebook.

OC said...

Been there, wondered if I should say hi to my Fbook "friend." I didn't. She didn't. We continued on.

Fbook is an interesting animal, isn't it?

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio