Saturday, November 04, 2006

Who is this boy?

There are times that I pick up the phone and see that I have a missed call from Colin and wonder who, exactly, this boy is and how, precisely, he has inhabited my notoriously misbehaving Colin’s body.

It’s totally different. Entirely glorious. Simple and sweet and moving at a slow, cautious pace that pleases me endlessly.

I will venture far enough to say that I’m lucky.

This new Colin is nearly perfect. I see the caution in his actions. He’s afraid to fuck this up. I can’t express how much that pleases me. I don’t want to be the only one who is equal parts painfully scared and exceptionally happy.

We’re working through this.

Slowly.

And it’s fun, you know? I never realized. I’m so inexperienced in these boy-girl things that I didn’t know that a girl could be with a boy early in a relationship and she could be truly and genuinely happy. It doesn’t all have to be all drama.

Go figure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you.
:)

Plantation said...

Life's weird. Cyclical. So your job now sucks but your relationship's good. I can remember when it was just the opposite. Jobs are a dime a dozen, dear. You'll find your niche. Relationships are the harder of the two to find so I wish you two the best.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio