Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Bunny…bunny?

Sometime during my Soccer is All I Live For phase, I read that one of the players on the U.S. Women's National Soccer Team made a point of having "rabbit rabbit" be the first words that came out of her mouth on the first day of every month.

It’s good luck, apparently.

Good luck? I love good luck! I immediately decided to adopt the source of good fortune; “rabbit rabbit” would join my lengthy lineup of superstitions.

Today is February 1 and I forgot to recite “rabbit rabbit” before saying anything else.

This poorly timed memory lapse has struck me on the first day of every month that has passed since the benefits of saying “rabbit rabbit” first entered my consciousness.

I have never said it.

And I have never failed to curse myself for forgetting to say it.

I’m pretty sure that my inability to fight through the grogginess and holler “rabbit rabbit” when it really counts is the source of all of my problems. I can’t blame it on anyone but myself. I am not a clutch good luck getter. A mere amateur.

If only wearing a cute skirt on the first day of the month sparked good fortunte.

I would be SO in.

And SO married to Tom Brady.

3 comments:

Pink Poppy said...

Well, precious, all I have to say is, "There's always NEXT month!" LOL! You are SO funny...and I'm SO with you on the skirt. Life is just not fair.

Michele said...

Well, I must have thought RABBIT, RABBIT just before clicking on your site because I feel lucky to have "discovered" you. Of course I simply followed your link on my site BUT that in itself is rather lucky.

Now, I must blogroll you....

See, my luck continues. rabbit rabbit

Plantation said...

Nice to see some of GFF's friends joining. Before you know it, you'll be a big star and forget all about little ol' Plantation.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio