Thursday, December 09, 2004

The Worldly Homemaker

I expect this to impress all of you.

I am a mere gentile, but I baked Hanukkah cookies today for my friend, Aviva.

[Okay. I have to admit to something: the Hanukkah cookies I made were merely the press cookies that I make at Christmastime dyed with blue food coloring, rather than red and green.]

I'm quite sure that Aviva won't mind that I baked her bastardized Christmas-Hanukkah cookies. She loves getting cookies in the mail from me! Aviva moved to NYC when we graduated and I'm quite sure she uses the cookie care packages to illustrate to all of her coworkers how backwoods we Midwesterners are, mailing silly little care packages to those of us who have moved up in the world.

Anyway. So I made these cookies, right? I put sprinkles on them and everything.

WHILE STILL WEARING THE HEELS I WORE TO WORK.

I feel straight out of Leave it to Beaver.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio