Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Faith in fate

It was divine.

Driving home in a warm car, the taste of a Reese's Peanut Butter Tree lingering on my tongue, listening to my favorite song-of-the-moment on repeat. Having spent seven hours of the day largely alone and bonding with The Boy of the Moment.

It was divine, not hating myself at the end of it. Not analyzing. Not planning a wedding. Feet firmly planted on the ground. Knowing that whatever happens will inevitably happen.

And realizing that's okay.

2 comments:

Plantation said...

Am thrilled for you. You've got the right attitude, too. Bravissimo (is that even a word?).

A said...

Bravissimo is indeed a word, Plantation!

In Italian, you would use Bravissima when congratulating a female. We're speakin' English here, however; I just wanted to prove to myself that I learned something in Italian class.

...and thanks, too, by the way.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio