Thursday, November 25, 2004

What I have

Let’s talk about Kevin, my darling co-intern.

It seemed like a really good idea to invite him to Thanksgiving dinner – he’s not from the area and doesn’t have family around to celebrate with – and it seemed like an even better idea when (after a slight bit of convincing) he said yes.

Well, he said that he would come. I never really believed that he would.

Apparently, I’ve got quite the gut instinct. He didn’t show.

Lets not create any high drama here. This should shock no one. I don’t know why I continue to try. I’m twenty-fucking-two years old and I’ve never been kissed. I think that pretty much says it all.

I don't have luck with guys. Luck, unfortunately, is not the only thing I'm missing. I don't have a fucking clue. And I certainly don't have any confidence.

But I have an enormous family filled with love and good-hearted dysfunction. I have so many people who love me and support me for who I am and who I want to become.

I like Kevin; I wanted him to come. I want to be mad and I want to be disappointed, but it's a lot easier to be thankful for who I have instead of being regretful for who I don't.

So fuck him.

A very happy Thanksgiving to everyone else.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio