Sunday, November 21, 2004

Terrycloth towels and tunes

I looooooove taking showers. Hot water! Steam! Squeaky-clean sensation! Ah, the simple pleasures in my simple life.

On having a heat lamp installed in our remodeled bathroom, my shower experiences have considerably improved. Praise technology! No more dreading the end of a shower and the beginning of chattering teeth and marble-sized goosebumps. Love that.

I’ve had a radio in my bathroom for as long as I can remember. I would really rock out in high school, jumping out of the shower to switch tracks on my Rent soundtrack. I’m not really sure what I was thinking, as far as combining water and electricity goes. These days, I've simplified. I listen to morning radio hosts talk about boobs. It wakes me up.

This is what I don’t like about showers: wet hair.

Curly hair – my curly hair, anyway – doesn’t blow dry very well. Lest I walk around looking like Christina Aguilera in the Moulin Rouge video, I suck it up and slather on approximately 8 oz. of product and let my hair air-dry. Really pleasant. Especially in the inhumanely cold Midwestern wintertime, when my hair tends to get a tad crunchy if I stand too close to a drafty window.

The upside to frozen hair is that if I ever happen to sprain a limb, I can hold my curly tendrils on the offending appendage to ward away swelling.

Wet hair is also, like, really attractive. So I’ve got that going for me.

Investing in a shower cap might be a good idea, eh?

If Courtney Love can pull off dirty hair, so can I.

But whether or not I can pull of Courtney Love-esque hair with her grace and dignity is a whole different question.


1 comments:

mangey cur said...

Ha! Stumbled across your blog on that next blog gizmo. Enjoyable reading. Thanks!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio