Friday, November 26, 2004

The source is internal

If he had felt anything towards me, he would have come.

I’m not hurt, I’m just aware of who I am. Of what I am.

I am a friend, not a girlfriend.
I am a girl, not a woman.
I am sharp, not smart.
I am an acquaintance, not a friend.
I am forgotten, not invited.
I am capable, not included.
I am not ugly, I am never beautiful.
It is me, it is not them.

It can’t be them. The whole world cannot be mistaken. I am constantly looked over. I am constantly brushed aside. I am forgettable. I believe in coincidence, but coincidence cannot be the source of the fact that everyone I have met in my 22 years finds me unremarkable.

It’s not coincidence. It’s truth. I am unremarkable.

1 comments:

Plantation said...

Aly,

First timer here. Saw your post @ Greek Tragedy regarding my semi-colon comment. Anyone who's favorite puncuation mark is the semi-colon is not 'unremarkable.'

No, that's quite remarkable, actually. Listen, you're only,(how did you say it?) 22 fuckin' years-old. Give yourself credit and be patient, girl. NBK? Don't worry, it'll happen soon enough.

Good luck and keep writing!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio