Monday, November 29, 2004

Hungry like a butcher

When I come home from the gym, I am always ravenous. I’m in the refrigerator up to my knees before I can put my bag down. Saying that I eat a generous portion is a very conservative statement; saying that I eat enough to feed 21 cheerleaders is slightly more accurate.

I got home from the gym a half-hour ago. I have now ingested so much ravioli and orange juice (no comments from the peanut gallery about the strange nature of that meal, thankyouverymuch) that sitting, standing and moving are all painful activities. Breathing also hurts.

And, though there is absolutely no room in my gut, I really want a piece of pumpkin pie.

The moral of this story: I go to the gym to cancel out what I eat when I get home from the gym.

I should just stay home and watch Entertainment Tonight.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio